Builder / Superintendent
Jones Company of Tennessee is seeking a Builder / Superintendent with previous residential production construction experience to join our team. This position requires someone who is a self-starter, detailed, organized, and able to work independently as well as work closely with Customers, Area Construction Manager, Construction Tech, Sales Agents, Building Officials, Suppliers, and Sub-contractors in a fast-paced environment. The Builder will ensure assigned homes are brought to closure within the established time schedules and budgets in accordance with The Jones Company’s quality standards while achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Full-time position
• Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
• Bonus Program
• Monthly vehicle allowance plus company paid fuel.
Job Description and Duties:
• Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner.
• Schedule all involved contractors on-site for each phase of construction.
• Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied.
• Ensure homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, specifications, and approved change orders.
• Order materials and supplies and schedule deliveries. Check and approve invoices.
• Monitor and maintain subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up on jobsites.
• Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment.
• Schedule and verify that all municipality inspections are completed and passed.
• Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards.
• Conduct Pre-construction, Pre-drywall and Homeowner orientation/walk-through meetings striving to deliver top quality and customer satisfaction.
• Manage all functions of the job site as it relates to new home construction.
• Thorough understanding of the home building process, building plans, state and local building codes, material and labor installation specifications, and construction scheduling preferred.
• Ability to interact professionally with trade partners, suppliers, building officials, customers, and other Jones Company team members.
• Communicate with the ability to set expectations and follow-up.
• Daily visits to job sites to inspect quality, monitor schedules, and provide any necessary guidance while holding trade partners accountable.
• Provide a safe work environment by enforcing OSHA requirements, maintaining a clean workplace, and following current erosion control standards.
• Monitor, maintain, and document all established erosion control procedures (SWPPP).
• Produce assigned homes within the assigned community in an efficient manner through effective management of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Minimum 3 years’ construction Superintendent experience in residential building
• Thorough understanding of all stages of the residential construction process
• Knowledgeable on local and state building codes as well as OSHA and EPA guidelines
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction plans.
• Basic technology skills, including residential production scheduling.
• Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
• Must be able to lift items weighing 50 lbs. or more.
• Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to traverse uneven terrain.
• Must be able to function in an exterior environment that includes extreme temperatures.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Health Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Company 401k up to 3% match
• Vacation, Holidays & PTO
• Employee New Home Discount
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to [email protected], Attn: Builder
Jones Company of Tennessee is seeking a Construction Tech to join our team. Construction Techs will assist the Builder with completing all activities associated with the overall construction and finishing of homes to ensure quality standards and Scopes of Work are properly maintained.
· Full-time position, $18 to $21 per hour paid weekly.
Assists the Builder/Superintendent in managing the scheduling and coordination of daily construction activities.
Maintains positive relationships with subcontractors and homeowners.
Performs quality control management within homes and job sites.
Assists in the preparation and completion of punch list items such as paint and caulk touch ups, dry wall repairs, and general cleanup.
Maintains acceptable job site cleanliness.
Informs Superintendent of any problems associated with the construction of the houses/units in the subdivision.
Secure the company’s property and protect it from theft, vandalism, and damage.
Work with hands and tools to perform all job duties.
Complete punch items on all home sites as assigned.
Complete final walk-through items on all homes as assigned.
Communicate any hazardous conditions to the Builder.
Perform punch-out duties on models and market homes as assigned.
Respond to customer service issues as requested.
Complete all other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate an understanding of the home building process, safety guidelines, and construction quality standards.
Strong and courteous communication skills with subcontractors and home buyers.
Strong attention to detail.
Physical ability to safely utilize and operate equipment such as power tools, ladders, etc.
Ability to work with urgent deadlines and manage high priority assignments.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to drive among designated communities.
Education and Experience:
Preferred experience in a construction related industry including rough carpentry, interior trim, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other trades.
High school diploma or GED
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Company 401k up to 3% match
Vacation, Holidays & PTO
Employee New Home Discount
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to [email protected], Attn: Construction Tech.