PURPOSE: Support all activities to ensure accurate and timely customer selection, assist the Design Studio Manager in operations, and create a great customer experience allowing the customer to personalize their home.
• Part-time position
• 20-30 hours a week
• Weekends are required
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a great customer experience allowing the customer to personalize their home.
- Schedule all the appointments with the Customers for the Studio
- Maintain the selections available in the system and on Pinterest and Houzz
- Host Open Browsing on Saturday and Sunday.
- Label and update all samples as needed in the studio
- Assist the DSM with selections with the customer in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Accurately demonstrate and sell options available to the customer.
- Write and submit paperwork according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in communications with buyers on their selections and with the Sales Manager on items to be included in their Start Order.
- Maintain accurate and current information on the available selections, products, and colors available for the customer.
- Ensure the Design Studio is staffed during all established hours of operation.
- Manage all Design Studio appearance items, landscape maintenance and interior/exterior maintenance issues.
- Maintain a sufficient supply of office supplies and collateral as needed for the Design Studio
- Thoroughly complete Visitor Information Cards on all prospects, ensuring any Realtor information is properly noted.
- Maintain a professional wardrobe and appearance standards.
- Maintain an atmosphere of cooperative teamwork with the construction team, office support personnel and The Jones Company’s vendors and subcontractors.
- Create win/win solutions for any conflicts.
- Perform all others duties as assigned by management.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to [email protected], Attn: Design Associate
Builder / Superintendent
Jones Company of Tennessee is seeking a Builder / Superintendent with previous residential production construction experience to join our team. This position requires someone who is a self-starter, detailed, organized, and able to work independently as well as work closely with Customers, Area Construction Manager, Construction Tech, Sales Agents, Building Officials, Suppliers, and Sub-contractors in a fast-paced environment. The Builder will ensure assigned homes are brought to closure within the established time schedules and budgets in accordance with The Jones Company’s quality standards while achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Full-time position
• Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
• Bonus Program
• Monthly vehicle allowance plus company paid fuel.
Job Description and Duties:
• Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner.
• Schedule all involved contractors on-site for each phase of construction.
• Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied.
• Ensure homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, specifications, and approved change orders.
• Order materials and supplies and schedule deliveries. Check and approve invoices.
• Monitor and maintain subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up on jobsites.
• Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment.
• Schedule and verify that all municipality inspections are completed and passed.
• Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards.
• Conduct Pre-construction, Pre-drywall and Homeowner orientation/walk-through meetings striving to deliver top quality and customer satisfaction.
• Manage all functions of the job site as it relates to new home construction.
• Thorough understanding of the home building process, building plans, state and local building codes, material and labor installation specifications, and construction scheduling preferred.
• Ability to interact professionally with trade partners, suppliers, building officials, customers, and other Jones Company team members.
• Communicate with the ability to set expectations and follow-up.
• Daily visits to job sites to inspect quality, monitor schedules, and provide any necessary guidance while holding trade partners accountable.
• Provide a safe work environment by enforcing OSHA requirements, maintaining a clean workplace, and following current erosion control standards.
• Monitor, maintain, and document all established erosion control procedures (SWPPP).
• Produce assigned homes within the assigned community in an efficient manner through effective management of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Minimum 3 years’ construction Superintendent experience in residential building
• Thorough understanding of all stages of the residential construction process
• Knowledgeable on local and state building codes as well as OSHA and EPA guidelines
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed construction plans.
• Basic technology skills, including residential production scheduling.
• Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
• Must be able to lift items weighing 50 lbs. or more.
• Must be able to ascend and descend stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to traverse uneven terrain.
• Must be able to function in an exterior environment that includes extreme temperatures.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
• Health Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Company 401k up to 3% match
• Vacation, Holidays & PTO
• Employee New Home Discount
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to [email protected], Attn: Builder
Warranty Service Representative
Jones Company of Tennessee is seeking a Warranty Service Representative to join our team. This position requires someone who is self-starter able to work independently as well as work closely with customers, builders, and sub-contractors in a fast-paced environment while achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
Warranty Service Representatives (WSR’s) resolve warranty calls made by Jones Company homeowners by visiting the home to inspect the issue, determine if it’s eligible under warranty and work with customers and subcontractors to resolve the issue quickly. WSR’s are responsible for warranty resolution in multiple communities to which they are assigned. WSR’s are assigned a company service vehicle to commute to and from assigned subdivisions. Fuel for service vehicle provided by company. Employee work phone also issued by company.
· Full-time position, $19 to $21 per hour paid weekly.
Evaluate, coordinate, and schedule all other repairs with subcontractors and communicate with customers.
Follow up, inspect, and ensure completion of all repairs meet of exceed Jones Company quality standards.
Hold subcontractors accountable for results.
Handle multiple tasks, as well as projects within designated timeframes.
The ability to say “no” and overcome objections in a professional manner.
Responsible for achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
Follow all established Jones Company warranty standards and procedures.
Respond to all customer service calls in a professional manner and within established timeframes.
Maintain an effective, organized system for monitoring and tracking the status of all work orders to completion.
Coordinate appointments with homeowners and subcontractors.
Work with hands and tools to perform all duties within individual technical capabilities.
Assist homeowners with questions or issues and provide advice on routine home maintenance issues.
Return completed and signed work orders to the Warranty Service Coordinator.
Work closely with the Area Manager to accurately communicate the status of all assigned warranty work service orders and also provide feedback on recurring or preventable issues.
Maintain the inventory and organization of all supplies and equipment in the company-provided vehicle.
Respect and maintain the cleanliness of all homes undergoing warranty work.
Complete all other duties as assigned by management.
A positive attitude and good social/interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
Must be able to deal with negativity and remain calm in confrontational situations.
Previous experience in the home building industry and/or some home repair experience is helpful.
Previous experience in a customer service related to homebuilding construction repair or remodeling.
Have exceptional listening and communications skills.
Follow up and follow through consistently to deliver outstanding service.
Have excellent time management, organizational and scheduling skills.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Company 401k up to 3% match
Vacation, Holidays & PTO
Employee New Home Discount
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to [email protected], Attn: Warranty Service Representative.